Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:33:24 EST
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stephen Stewart <Bikesnbirds@CS.COM>
Subject:      John's Mtn birds
Comments: To: GABO-L@uga.cc.uga.edu

GABO

Like Marion Dobbs, me and my mother looked for crossbills in the John's Mtn WMA during the crossbill celebration about a month ago. We found nothing on the high ridges of Horn and John's mtns. The entire area is quiet void of life, not even squirrels, areas of interest are the many food plots along forest service roads and jeep trails. Most of these plots have nice areas of brush along the sides and hold a lot of sparrows. Those who like the walk can hike up to Keown Falls. Here the rhodadendren (sp?) is thick enough to hold some cardinals and towhees. Also, there is a large multi-acre stand of 5 yr old pines on the dirt road to Keown Falls less than a 1/4 mile from the gate. There are great maps outside at the ranger station at the intersection of Lake Marvin and Everett Sprg. with all the food plots and trails shown.

stephen stewart rome, ga