Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:52:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Julia Hertl <jah12@CORNELL.EDU>
Subject:      PROC GENMOD question

Hi, We are analyzing binary data with PROC NLMIXED, PROC MIXED, and PROC GENMOD. These binary observations (diseases) were taken at several visits to pigs clustered within herds. We would like to account in our analysis for correlations among diseases (i.e. spatial clustering) and for correlations among visits (temporal clustering). Herd will be included in our model as a random factor.

Our first question is whether it is possible to have a random factor in PROC GENMOD. We would also like to use observed and predicted values in the comparison of the results from the 3 procedures (PROC NLMIXED, PROC MIXED, and PROC GENMOD). We would like to know what the interpretation is for predicted values in PROC GENMOD, i.e. if herd cannot be specified as random in GENMOD, is it possible to compare the output from these different procedures?

Thank you very much. Julia Hertl Section of Epidemiology College of Veterinary Medicine Cornell University Ithaca, NY 14853