Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:35:19 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         nicolas.pont@UNICIBLE.CH
Subject:      Format Question

I Have a format on a variable

The format is ftest. and the format for the value 1 is "NICOLAS"

data test ; a=1 ; format a ftest. run ;

Now If I export the file test in an external file, i will have this result in my external file 1 line with value NICOLAS

Now i would like to read my external file and transform the value NICOLAS in value 1

How can I do it, the informat solution is-it the only one ?

thanks for any advices