Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:06:45 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Maurice Muoneke <maurice.muoneke@TPWD.STATE.TX.US>
Subject:      How do you check for duplicatess?

I am trying to use the code below to detect duplicate records. The field 'longdata' is a concatenation of all the variables. I know there are duplicates, but when I run it, I get all the records in the duplicates file and no records in the other file. What is wrong?

proc sort data = inld7.all; by longdata; run; data INLD7.dups INLD7.nodups ; SET INLD7.ALL; if first.longdata then output INLD7.nodups; else output INLD7.dups; run;