Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:27:52 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Parise, Carol A." <PariseC@SUTTERHEALTH.ORG>
Subject:      sort in 'open file'

Hi all,

Maybe you can shed some light on how to adjust an minor but irritating issue with the Open File dialog box. When opening a file,you can sort the files by date and view the details of the files within a directory. After making the necessary clicks to set up the box so that i can view the files by detail and sorted by date, i figure i should be able to go back and the details of the files would be showing and the files nicely sorted in the order of my choosing. But it's not to be! every time i go to open a file in SPSS, i have to resort the files and click on the button to get the details. I'm getting lazy, anyone know how to set up this box so that every time i open it, it's nicely sorted by date and i can see the size of the file?

tia carol sacramento ca