Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:52:15 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J." <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: S-Plus and SAS - a Winning Combination

> From: Sarah Marston [mailto:smarston@STATSCI.COM]

> Attend this FREE seminar to learn about the latest graphical > and statistical > modeling techniques using S-PLUS and S+SeqTrial. S-Plus can > be used with SAS > to produce high quality reports.

RE: S-Plus and SAS - a Winning Combination ...............................^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey, folks, the thing to remember is that it's a _COMBINATION_.

don't even think of getting rid of the data manipulation capabilities of SAS.

While S-Plus has some pretty good and !*!*fast*!*! graphics subsetting, either by row or column is best and easier done in SAS.

Features! You've never seen such a feature-full language!

Yeow! Big byte-marks on my posterior from S-Plus being so helpful! I want a language to do what I said, not what the developers -- in their infinite wisdom -- think I meant.

BTDT: Being There, Doing This

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov ---> cheerful provider of UNTESTED SAS code!*! <---