Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Mar 2000 12:26:09 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "LINCK, JIM" <LINCK@SIMON.ROCHESTER.EDU>
Subject:      Can't Write out an Excel file to certain locations
Comments: To: "User Group SAS (E-mail)" <sas-l@uga.cc.uga.edu>

SAS v.8, Windows 2000. Having a very strange problem in trying to write an Excel output file. If I run the following code to output it:

proc export data=STATS outfile="h:\aajim\research\longslow\JF_Resubmit1\Fig1_MonthlyBHRs.xls" dbms=EXCEL97 replace; run; Then it works just fine. If instead, I try to write the file one subdirectory further down, it won't work. I've tried everything in terms of permissions on the new directory and everything looks fine. I've even deleted and recreated it, and did it to a different directory name under the same path.

proc export data=STATS

outfile="h:\aajim\research\longslow\JF_Resubmit1\Tables\Fig1_MonthlyBHRs.xls " dbms=EXCEL97 replace; run;

182 proc export data=STATS 183 outfile="h:\aajim\research\longslow\JF_Resubmit1\Tables\Fig1_MonthlyBHRs.xls " dbms=EXCEL97 replace; ERROR: DAO Error encountered: Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used: real time 0.00 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds

184 run;

Any ideas? Thanks. Jim