Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:08:41 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kevin Brunson <kbrunson@ND.EDU>
Subject:      Re: conditional execution of unix job stream

For now I'm going with a simple solution suggested by Karsten Self which is to use the UNIX && command so that a subsequent command executes if and only if the previous command had no warnings or errors. I'm giving the method to a Finance prof and he'll have to let me know if the error/warning free condition is too severe. Other suggestions involve SAS macros which may be overkill in this case--it's not a production process. I merely used && with the x command in a SAS program because the prof will have an easy time editing as the members of the stream change:

x 'sas adata && f77 -o bdata bdata.f && bdata && sas cdata && sas dmerge && make -f Makefile && edata && sas fdata ';

run;

Kevin Brunson wrote: > > Before I spend too much time traveling down the wrong road I hope someone will > point me in the correct direction or confirm I'm in the right direction. > > The environment is SAS 6.12 on Solaris. A user has a series of 6 programs, > some SAS and some Fortran; the last 5 have to be executed conditional upon the > completion of a prior one. The programs in order are > > adata.sas > bdata.f > cdata.sas > dmerge.sas > edata.for > fdata.sas >

-- Kevin Brunson, Research Analyst 219-631-9448 315 College of Business FAX 219-631-5255 Notre Dame, Indiana 46556