Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:44:23 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Thomas J. Sullivan" <toms@RAND.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Select A Group of Random Records

*assume you want to randomly select 10 or less (in the event that there are less than 10 in any group) from each group;

data nelson; set nelson; rand_num=ranuni(-5); run;

proc sort data=nelson; by area type; run;

proc rank data=nelson out=ranknels; by area type; rank myrank; run;

data subset; set ranknels; if myrank le 10; *substitute the target number of obs from each group; run;