Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:25:52 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gehard Hellriegel <detecsm_hellriegelg@WESTLB.DE>
Subject:      Re: Newbie needs help on output

The lines are composed by the setting of the FORMCHAR option. Look for your CONFIG.SAS dataset (in the SAS subdirectory? Otherwise have a look at the properties of the start icon...). There are two examples of the option. There you can see the sequence. You can also see, which one is active. Maybe the other would be better for your needs?! By the way: they *ARE* characters of course! In ANSI / ASCII code tables there are some speciasl characters you can use. But that is for screen! Some printers cannot print these characters properly. Perhaps you can setup your FORMCHARS for your printer. Also you might have problems, if you try to export the output to office products. Trick: try out the HTML formatting tools (you find it with TS050 and higher in <Help> - <Utility Applications>. Most of the office products can import HTML tables.

Ursula Kellett <kellett@PIGEON.QUT.EDU.AU> on 14.03.2000 05:00:57

Bitte antworten an Ursula Kellett <kellett@PIGEON.QUT.EDU.AU>

An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Kopie: (Blindkopie: DeTeCSM HellriegelG/D/ExternalStaff/WLB) Thema: Newbie needs help on output

I have justed started using SAS 6.12 on Win95. One simple question please: when I run PROC TABULATE the table 'lines' are actually composed of 'f' like characters. Can anyone tell me how to get proper lines or dashes?

Thanks Ursula Kellett Brisbane Australia

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

DeTeCSM, Gerhard Hellriegel

WestLB Abteilung: 001-80622 Aderstr. 22 D - 40217 Duesseldorf Tel.: +49211 826 6173 Fax: +49211 826 5393