Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:21:37 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         DOUG CONRAD <dconrad@CICINFO.COM>
Subject:      Using Operators In %macros
Comments: To: SAS List <sas-l@uga.cc.uga.edu>

Hi all,

Can I use the 'and' 'in' 'not' 'or' operators in %macros?

Say I have these possible macro resolutions: YES yes YeS yeS and I want to evaluate each expression collectively and move forward: I.E :

%if &yesno IN (YES yes YeS yeS) %then %do; more code ...... %end;

OR should i do something like this: %if %upcase(&yesno)=YES then %do; more code.... %end;

Maybe I answered my own question. But I'm just not sure about operator usage in the macro language

Thanks.