Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:35:24 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         wendy.watson@COVANCE.COM
Subject:      help archiving large file from digital Unix to DLT Tape
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.cc.uga.edu

Hello all,

I have a 10 gig compressed file that I am trying to archive to a DLT tape. I am using Digital Unix. I need to get this file onto a DLT tape and transfer to an external client who is using a Silicon Graphics Unix system or a Sun system. I am trying to use an archiving utility that we can both use (remember we have different Unix systems). For example, I cannot use the VDUMP or VRESTORE command because they are Digital Unix utilities (and they wouldn't be able to read the file on their end).

I have tried the TAR and CPIO Unix commands but I run into the 2 gig file size limit. Can anyone offer any suggestions on other archiving utilities or other software to use?

Thanks a lot.

Wendy Watson Covance Inc.

----------------------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that Covance can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message from your inbox. Thank you.