Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:11:15 Z
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Walker, Richard M" <Richard.M.Walker@BRITISHAIRWAYS.COM>
Subject:      selecting values into a set of macro variables where the number
              of distinct values is unknown

---------------------- Forwarded by Richard M Walker/HEATHROW/BRITISH AIRWAYS/GB on 28/04/2000 14:08 ---------------------------

Richard M Walker 28/04/2000 12:25:42

Tel: 0208-56-28248 Mobile: 0385-934634 OceanWave SAS Developer TBC 10 South Wing Bay 4B - S120

To: sas-l cc: bcc: Subject: selecting values into a set of macro variables where the number of distinct values is unknown

Help,

I recall seeing an e-mail sometime ago that indicated that using proc sql it is possible to select all the distinct values of a column into a set of macro variables.

Can anyone show me an example of this technique?

Regards Richard