Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 17 May 2000 10:37:35 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Steve Peterson <steve.peterson@ESC20.K12.TX.US>
Subject:   File contention in SPSS V10.0.5

I just tried to save a file after modifying some variable and value label. SPSS informed me the file was saved as XXXXXX_1.sav because of contention for that file. I check everything running (including the task list) and no other application was running. I tried again after checking and was informed again and save was done under filename XXXXXX_2.sav. Has anyone else experienced similar difficulty?

I also get an error upon exiting from SPSS that reads some thing like application error at 5x something : unable to read memory at 0x0000000 application terminated. Anyone else getting that one?

Steve Peterson Education Service Center, Region 20 steve.peterson@esc20.net