Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 May 2000 18:06:40 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sharavi Gandham <SHARAVI@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Proc Compare

Hello All

I have two datasets in this way

XXXX yyyy a 1 a 2 b 1 b 2 c 1 etc;. c 2 etc;.

As you can see both the datasets have the smae variable names. I need to compare both the variables by keeping both values to see the cocordance/discordance between them.I know that i can merge them and compare them.The problem is, i have 80 variables and i have to rename all of them for one of the dataset and then do a merge to compare. I can do that,but as you can see it is such a laborious process, I need to know if there is any easier way to do that.

Thanks all in advance,

Also i need to thank all the SAS listserv group people who have replied to me earlier too, i am glad to be a part of this group,Thanks again.