Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 May 2000 17:49:06 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Abelson_R <Abelson_R@BLS.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Reverse engineer a format
Comments: To: "Boylan, David" <DBoylan@HRBLOCK.COM>

David,

Yes. You can use the CNTLOUT= option in PROC FORMAT to get a dataset containing all the information stored in the format. The CNTLOUT dataset has a very specific structure that you'll have to RTFM to understand.

If you just want printed output, you can use PROC FORMAT FMTLIB LIBRARY=<your format library>;

HTH.

Robert Abelson Bureau of Labor Statistics abelson_r@bls.gov "Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

P.J. O'Rourke