Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 12 Jun 2000 05:42:33 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Eran Tomer <etomer@EMORY.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Cooper's Hawks nesting in Atlanta (Buckhead)?

Carl,

Cooper's Hawks do nest in the Atlanta area in very small numbers and they are always a great find during this season. A note of caution, however. I have been seeing Peregrine Falcons at exactly that location, on and off, within the past two months or so. The bird's carrying a pigeon (urban Peregrine's staple food) raises some ID issues, and I have myself confused the two species more than once when views were not good. Of course, there is no reason why a Cooper's Hawk could not nest around there too, or take a pigeon.

Best regards

- Eran Tomer Atlanta, Georgia etomer@emory.edu