Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:06:52 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Mark Casazza <casazzam@ADELPHI.EDU>
Subject:   Re: How to eliminate duplicates?
Comments:   To: "Tonooka, Fumiko" <ftonooka@CARLSON.COM>

As long as the duplicates are true duplicates with all of the same data and not just duplicate IDs with different data the following will work.

MATCH FILES FILE=* /BY ID /FIRST=ORIGINAL. SELECT IF ORIGINAL.

HTH, Mark

At 10:58 AM 2000-06-28 , Tonooka, Fumiko wrote: >Hello list members, > >I am in the process of sampling 600 cases out of 4000 cases. I have found >that there are duplicates. I would like to eliminate these duplicated cases >before sampling. Is there good way to eliminate duplicates? I have 18 >files to make sample and all have duplicates. Any suggestion is >appreciated. > >Thanks in advance, >Fumiko Tonooka

Mark V. Casazza Senior Research Analyst Office of Research, Assessment and Planning Adelphi University, Levermore Hall #307 Garden City, NY 11530

phone: 516.877.3231 fax: 516.877.3237 email: casazzam@adelphi.edu

[text/html]