Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:15:15 +0530
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Baskaran Subramaniam <subramaniam.baskaran@DB.COM>
Subject:   Strange Behaviour

Hello Listusers

We have a library with some tables, these tables have some value fields with length as 8 and format as 15.2. After formatting these values, it has to be written into an external file . For formatting, I am using the following proc

PROC FORMAT; PICTURE RSIGN LOW-<0 = '999999999999.99-' 0-HIGH = '999999999999.99 ' ;

After running the job, when I checked the output , I found a strange behaviour. Some of the values are decremented by .01 (compared to that displayed in the online SAS).

This is not happening in all the fields but only happening in selective records and fields. I am unable to establish any pattern for this and also unable to understand this behaviour also.

Could somebody advise me on the possible reasons and the corrective measures.

TIA Rgds Baskar