Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:31:45 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Terje Karlsen <terjeka@SVADA.JADDA.JADDA>
Subject:      Re: determining if a data set is empty (temp data set)

[Terje Karlsen] > [Jack Hamilton] > > My guess is that you have to close the file using the CLOSE function > > before you try to print it. > So was my guess, and I used the function like this: > > %let rc = sysfunc(close(&dataid)); > > But I still got the same error-message. >

I fixed it, using the CLOSE function was the answer, but I was a bit sloppy with when I closed det data set and when I used. I was trying to use the data set when the data set was still in OPEN mode.

Terje Karlsen Statistics Norway