Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:57:18 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ronald Hoellwarth <Ronald_Hoellwarth@SCHWAEBISCH-HALL.DE>
Subject:      SAS/ACCESS: How to attach a label to a descriptor/view definition?

Hello SAS-L,

I use SAS 6.09E TS460 under MVS. We have licenced the SAS/ACCESS Module "to DB/2". Our DB2 Tables are simply numbered (e.g. "R014560T"). When I create an access descriptor or a view I use this tablename as descriptorname in order to know which DB2-table I use.

But I also want to assign a label to the descriptor that tells me, what the content of the Table is.

I tried renaming it in the DIR Window but the Label didn't open for change... In the Access Window I couldn't do it too.

Do you know a way to assign a label to the descriptors?

greetings from schwaebisch hall, germany ronald hoellwarth