Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:21:25 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   jerry Durbin <Jerry_Durbin@BC.COM>
Subject:   Re: Use of the SAS programming language
Comments:   To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

I've been using SAS in several mainframe environments since 1986. It is an excellent "tool" for creating any number of detailed or summary reports in wide variety of ways and even maintaining/manipulating/massaging NON-SAS related data or applications. i.e., I've used it to synchronize security product database changes of over 150,000 users on a daily basis, created & maintained computer billing related data for our machine usage, simplified complex vendor reports into "user friendly" reports - the list could go on & on & on - the only limitation I've found thus far is my own limitations of creativity - as with any other "tool" one might have in their toolbox, it is a very useful "tool - programming language" - once you understand the basics -

Of course, each persons mileage varies & the results are based upon interpretations & usage. :))

Cheers! JD