Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:06:26 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paige Miller <paige.miller@KODAK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Suppressing PROC CONTENTS

Terry Eastman wrote: > > I found a way to have PROC CONTENTS provide the variable list in the order > they appear in the data set with POSITION. Problem is, I get both the > original contents followed by the order. Since my data set consists of over > 3000 variables, that's an awful lot of paper going to waste. Is there not a > way to force SAS to JUST provide the contents in the order and cut out the > first part? > > I get around this with cut/paste into WORD. There must be an easier > solution. Thank you

How about the NOPRINT and OUT= options in PROC CONTENTS?

Oh, and to save paper, don't send to the printer the contents of your data set. I've never seen a need for hardcopy of these contents, why do you need it?

-- Paige Miller Eastman Kodak Company paige.miller@kodak.com

"It's nothing until I call it!" -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire "Those black-eyed peas tasted all right to me" -- Dixie Chicks