Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:09:27 GMT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Chris Lanning <clanning345@MY-DEJA.COM>
Subject:   Re: Using SAS.application object for VB

In article <017530ad.e401c015@usw-ex0104-031.remarq.com>, Vidya <vidya.chandrasekaranNOviSPAM@wipro.com.invalid> wrote: > I am trying to build a user friendly GUI in VB 6.0 for scoring > (I am refering to EMiner score node)a input dataset and printing > the target variable's score. > The problem i am facing is that i am unable to refer to > the "SAS.application" class. I could find windows registry entry > for the same class, but not in object browser of VB. > Could somebody help me! > > Thanx > Vidya > Wipro Technologies > Bangalore > India > > Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. > Up to 100 minutes free! > http://www.keen.com > >

Vidya,

The SAS Application class doesn't appear in the Object Browser, but you can still enter code using the SAS Application Class. Here is just some psuedo code to look at:

'Define the SAS object Dim SASObj As Object

'Now create the SAS object Set SASObj = CreateObject("SAS.Application.612")

'Set the Title and whether SAS will be visible while it is running SASObj.Title = "Run Report" SASObj.Visible = False

'Within the submit statements you can put any SAS commnads 'You can also "Include" SAS programs or set Macro variables SASObj.submit ("%let x= " & SomeVB_Var & ";") SASObj.submit ("%include '" & StudyDir & "\someSAS.sas';")

'Shut down SAS SASObj.Quit

'Clean the object from memory Set SASObj = Nothing

I hope this helps! Try it out with a SAS program you have. -- Chris Lanning Biostatistician Bausch & Lomb Surgical

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.