Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:11:46 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Bross, Dean S" <dean.bross@MAIL.VA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Proc Export

I'll give you one possible suggestion. You could have the SAS export wizard convert a test file into CSV format. This will feed directly into EXCEL although it doesn't have all the features available in EXCEL.

The export wizard does its work by generating SAS code and running it. So you can just press the recall button and this will give you the code to build into your own SAS run. The result will be a noninteractive conversion, but only to CSV. The CSV file does have to be loaded into EXCEL manually.

Another possibility is to use DDE. This is not hard once you learn how to do it, but it is a little bit more difficult to learn than the export wizard.

Dean Bross