Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:45:41 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Quentin McMullen <Quentin_McMullen@ABTASSOC.COM>
Subject:      Re: More details on Date and Time

One possible addition to Robert's suggestion is to make a macro which when submitted automatically updates the footnote with the current date and time. Below is a macro I have used for this purpose.

I then added a macro call to a hotkey (submit '%foot'; submit;), so that when run in interactive mode the time in the footnote is updated every time I submit a block of code.

%macro foot; footnote "%sysfunc(date(),downame.), %sysfunc(trim(%qsysfunc(left(%qsysfunc(date(),worddate.))))) %sysfunc(left(%qsysfunc(time(),time5.)))"; %mend foot;

HTH

--Q.

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Re: More details on Date and Time Author: "Workman; Robert" <rworkman@CARBOMEDICS.COM> at internet Date: 6/23/00 11:09 AM

Seems like a reasonable request, unfortunately I don't know of any way. One thing you might try is to use OPTIONS NODATE and get rid of the date altogether in the title. Then add your time macro to a footnote statement. This code would have to be run each time you created output.

For instance

%let tm = %sysfunc(date(), weekdate.) %sysfunc(time(), time.); footnote "&tm";

*** footnote:

Friday, June 23, 2000 11:14:02

Rob Workman