Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:27:11 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Eran Tomer <etomer@EMORY.EDU>
Subject:      turkeys (fwd)

Hello all

Posted on behalf of Georgann Schmalz

- Eran Tomer Atlanta, GA etomer@emory.edu

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:53:15 EST From: Georgann Schmalz <SchmalzG@DRUIDHILLS.FerSciCT> Reply-To: georgann.schmalz@fernbank.edu

I have been getting calls about one or two turkey hens around Fernbank and Emory for about a year now. It appears that the bird is tame enough to walk up to, doesn't seem disturbed by humans at all. Not exactly wild behavior. I suspect that it is from one of two people who raise turkeys in the Emory area. The one fellow that I talked to said he didn't think it was his because he knows his birds and thinks he has all of them. I have not been able to reach the other person. I certainly would not entertain the idea that these are from somewhere else and are wild.

Georgann Schmalz, Ornithologist Fernbank Science Center, Atlanta georgann.schmalz@fernbank.edu jbgs@mindspring.com