Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:17:37 EDT
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ann Stewart <Annbirds1@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Yellow-throated Warbler

Friday evening around 7PM I looked out my kitchen window and saw a flash of yellow on my birdbath. Immediately - gold finch- NO second glance-Yellowthroated Warbler. I have seen them many times before but in their own habitat and usually not closeup or any length of time. I watched as the beautiful male- in full sun- cautiously placed the tip of his bill in the water, jerked back, then again and again. He got brave and walked on into the water and apparently realizing how wonderful it felt decided to take a full bath. He splashed and splashed and splashed some more. He had the most wonderful time forever it seemed and my husband and I enjoyed his bath almost as much as he did. He later flew into the craapple tree and arranged his feathers. He seemed very content to be this close to the house and around "people things". He was only about 20 feet from my window. I felt so fortunate to observe this beautiful bird so closely. You just never know what you will see when you look out the window!

Thanks to all who sent "congratulations" on being a grandmother to me. It is so nice to hear from people you don't even know - maybe there is still hope for this"messed up world" we live in. If they all would become "birders" just think what a great place it would be!!!!!!!

Thanks Ann Stewart Rome, GA.