Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jul 2000 15:51:28 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Barbara Passmore <passmore@DATASYS.NET>
Subject:      My apologies re long messages re GREENSPACE

As I wrote earlier, I intended to send the GREENSPACE messages only to the people who requested them, and I would send them on Friday of next week. Later, I saw a notice date of July 24, and that would be too late.

I personally don't like super long messages on GABO and especially when they don't relate directly to birds. Greenspace is a very important undertaking in this state however, and I think we can agree that birds will be very much affected by how this very important program is implemented.

My advice in the future is that if you are not interested in the subject matter, just delete it.

It is very hard to post a series of these messages especially when you have a document about 750 lines long that has to be divided to meet the size limitations.

I am considering setting up a secondary list to which matters such as these and CARA as well may be posted and discussed. There are pros and cons for that, however. But it is under consideration.

Thanks for your patience.

Barbara Passmore Valdosta GA Listowner, GABO-L