Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:43:35 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ya Huang <ya.huang@AGOURON.COM>
Subject:      Re: how to create a cross-tabulated data set?
Comments: To: Dmitry Mesyanzhinov <dmesyan@lsu.edu>

OK, I forgot the id options, here is a modified one, this time it should be OK:

data xx; input VAR1 $ VAR2 $; cards; a x a y b x b x c y c y c w c y d k d m d x ;

proc freq noprint; table var1*var2/ out=yy; run;

proc transpose data=yy (keep=var1 var2 count) out=zz (drop=_name_ _label_); by var1; id var2; run;

options nocenter missing='0'; title;

proc print data=zz; run;

OBS VAR1 X Y W K M

1 a 1 1 0 0 0 2 b 2 0 0 0 0 3 c 0 3 1 0 0 4 d 1 0 0 1 1

Dmitry Mesyanzhinov wrote: > > Ya Huang wrote: > > > > Here is one (assuming that var2 can only have value 'x' or 'y'): > > Thanks for your response. > However, there are several hundred different values in my real data; so > manual renaming is not very efficient. >