Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:22:18 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         khilitshah <khilitshah@IC24.NET>
Subject:      Re: Problem installing SAS8 / NT 4.0

Are you installing SAS V8 as a stand alone or as a client-server installation? The reason I ask is because if it is a client server architecture, then make sure that you have the core files installed on your local pc. They should normally be under: !root/Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\... And there should be 3 sub folders under it.

The reason for this being that enhanced editor is a new feature of SAS and it actually needs to write out some configuration files to the SAS configuration files. This ofcourse cannot be done to the server due to restrictions. But when you install it as a client, some of the core files such as SASV8.cfg are written to your computer which the Enhanced Editor uses to install the additonal features.

However if you have fully installed SAS v8 on your NT Workstation, then try running the Enhanced Editor Setup again and check what error messages you get. The Enhanced Editor setup is provided on your SAS installation CD under /Bundles/Eeditor.

Hope this helps

"Sebastian" <einer.einer@gmx.net> wrote in message news:8p7db8$cd9tu$1@ID-25433.news.cis.dfn.de... > Hi, > > when I installed SAS V8 on a NT 4.0 workstation and then started the system, > I got the following Error-message: > > Error: Syntax Editor Control not installed. > > I really have no idea what to do... on further installations that problem > did not seem to appear... > > Regards > Sebastian > >