Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:40:53 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         amichiel@EARTHLING.NET
Subject:      Re: SAS/V8 Special Characters on OS/390 - Help request

In Tom Ceyssens <erpadmin@my-deja.com> wrote: > We're trying to access DB2-tables on an OS/390 platform using SAS/V8 > Batch and Online with a simple PROC SQL. > Our libname statement is: libname mylib db2 schema=ibh ; > When trying to read observations... > select * > from mylib.v_table_cost#m > We get an error message regarding the use of "#". It won't accept the > character, which is obligatory. Do you know what we can do to make it > accept the #-symbol in the table name?

I believe the solution is to wrap the mylib.v_table_cost#m in either single or double quotes (' or "). I'd suspect that it needs to be " but would try either.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.