Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:37:56 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sally Vegso <sally.vegso@YALE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Certification (redux)

> > Reading papers like this, and using SAS day in and day out, was very >helpful to me in passing the test . > Just by cramming books would not have helped me. My be it works for a >small minority. > > If it takes understanding and using the type of material presented in >papers like the above, then the certification > is not entirely useless. It does tell me something about the >prospective employee.

Yes. I was talking at length about this to my friend who works as an HR recruiter for a major pharmaceutical company. Passing a test like this is a sign that the prospective employee is willing to take on new challenges, and expand their knowledge in their field. It doesn't hurt to have it on your resume. But I agree that it may become a problem if certification becomes the "expected", and raises questions if you don't have it.

Sally

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.