Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:09:31 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   William Dudley <william.dudley@NURS.UTAH.EDU>
Subject:   Text book recommendation

Sorry that this is off the topic however, this group seems is very informative about general research issues as well as SPSS so here goes.

I am looking for an experimental and correlational design text book to use in a Doctoral level seminar (in nursing and allied health). I would like a book that is a combination of Cook & Campbell and Meinert's clinical trails book with some attention paid to ethics and real world examples of published work. The students get univariate and multivariate statistics in other courses, but I would like to be able to link design and analytical issues by referring to recent published work. I will likely use Cook & Campbell and have thought about Piantadosi's Clinical Trial text. However Piantadosi is a bit too technical and focused too much on drug trials for my group.

I feel a bit like Goldie Locks at this point, I need something not too hard and not too easy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill

*********************************************** * William N. Dudley, PhD * University of Utah * College of Nursing * 10 S 2000 E Front * Salt Lake City, UT 84122-5880 ***********************************************