Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 3 Oct 2000 23:22:01 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   paula <icj808@USWEST.NET>
Subject:   sharing violation on a library

I did a simple data step to generate a data set called set1, such as

libname sas 'c:\sas\';

data sas.set1; infile ........; input .......; run;

No big deal. Until I tried to move another data set, called set2, out of the same Windows Explorer location c:\sas\, by Cut/Paste. I got error msg saying access denied, sharing violation.

The data setp does not involve set2 at all. Why the whole library is locked up?

TIA

Paula