Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 5)Back to main CONCH-L pageJoin or leave CONCH-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Oct 2000 03:58:53 -0500
Sender:       Conchologists of America List <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         helmut nisters <helix@IBK.NETWING.AT>
Subject:      AW: Re: AW: New Web site

when I click on Coralliophila abnormis the images with the shell appears and its scrolling down. It lets open as a normal image at the website. I have at the moment the following computer: 486 2DX 66 Windows 3.1 iexplorer a 3.0 version

as I am not very technical I hope this explanation is enough. I would like to hear from Olivier again.

Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters private: Franz-Fischer-Str. 46 A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14 e-mail: helix@ibk.netwing.at website: www.netwing.at/nisters office: Natural History Department of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck Feldstrasse 11a A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37 e-mail: helix@ibk.netwing.at website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

---------- > Hello all. > > I would like to know how much of you are still using a Win 3.1 and and 3.0 > browser. > As a beginner in web design, Im am very surprised that Helmut could have > been able to open the Coralliophilidae pages : when they've been called from > http://anzwers.org/free/sangioul/coralliophilidae.html, they are loaded in a > new window (which is a good idea). This behaviour ( open in a new window "on > click") is said to be available only with 4.0 and later browser. Mysterium! > Helmut, when you click on a link such as the "Coralliophila abnormis" one, > is a new window displayed or are you still viewing this new page in the same > window as preceeding? I'd like to know if the line "...<a href="the target's > url" target="new">..." works with a 3.0 browser. Thank you!! > > Olivier Caro > idscaro@cybercable.fr > Paris, Fr. > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "helmut nisters" <helix@IBK.NETWING.AT> > To: <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 7:25 AM > Subject: AW: New Web site > > > > Dear George, > > > > your new website is great with excellent photos of Coralliophilidae. It's > > working fast and important also with explorer 3.0. > > As I am working again with windows 3.1 and a 3.0 version, I can't open all > > the websites which need a higher browser. > > But your website is very fine concerning this problem. I was able to open > > your website within a few seconds. > > Please continue in that way. > > with best shelling greetings > > Helmut from Nisters, back on conch-l since about 10 days. >