Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:28:00 -0300
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Hector E. Maletta" <hmaletta@OVERNET.COM.AR>
Subject:   Re: dBase files
Comments:   To: Elizabeth Rossmann Beel <Elizabeth.Beel@UTSOUTHWESTERN.EDU>

Enlarge the column width. The asterisks may be the result of a default width that is too narrow to display your dates.

Hector Maletta Universidad del Salvador Buenos Aires, Argentina

Elizabeth Rossmann Beel wrote: > > Hello all, > I am having trouble importing a dbase file into SPSS. Almost all variables are coming out alright, with the exception of a date variable. The responses under this variable all show up as asterisks ******* in the SPSS data editor; I'm not sure why it would be doing this. The data is being exported from Microsoft FoxPro. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance for the help. > Elizabeth > > Elizabeth Rossmann Beel > UT Southwestern--AIDS Prevention Project > 400 S. Zang Blvd., Suite 520 > Dallas, TX 75208 > ph: 214.944.1079 / 817.690.6734 > fax: 214.944.1061 > elizabeth.beel@UTSouthwestern.edu