Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:43:27 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Nichols, David" <nichols@SPSS.COM>
Subject:   Re: profile analysis

This is just a 2x11 or 11x2 within subjects or repeated measures design. If the data are listed in the order given here, then the structure would be as follows:

GLM a1 to b11 /WSFACTORS ab 2 time 11.

This is also easily specifiable through the dialog boxes for GLM - Repeated Measures. In either case, you'll get the parallelism test (the interaction) and the tests for levels across time and ab (the main effects). Since the design is balanced, if parallelism holds, you can just look at the main effects, as rerunning the model without the interaction is not necessary (and wouldn't produce different numbers for the main effects).

David Nichols Principal Support Statistician and Manager of Statistical Support SPSS Inc.