Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:20:05 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM
Subject:      Re: Multiple Datasets from SQL?

on Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 09:27:07AM -0600, Bruce Johnson (BJohnson@HCIASACHS.COM) wrote: > Can PROC SQL produce multiple datasets? In other words, can I do the > equivalent data step in SQL? > > DATA ONE TWO; > SET SASDATA.MASTERFILE; > IF HOSPID="A" THEN OUTPUT ONE; > ELSE IF HOSPID="B" THEN OUTPUT TWO; > RUN;

No. This is one task for which you'll still have to rely on a data step, or multiple SQL queries.

Of course, I'd ask why you're segregating data by some key ID instead of simply handling this as an analysis parameter.

-- Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> http://www.netcom.com/~kmself Evangelist, Zelerate, Inc. http://www.zelerate.org What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand? There is no K5 cabal http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/ http://www.kuro5hin.org

[application/pgp-signature]