Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:53:10 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Bosch, Jules [PRI]" <JBosch1@PRIUS.JNJ.COM>
Subject:   Re: Scheduling SAS Batch Jobs - SOLVED

I received a number of good suggestions regarding this subject.

What I did was download a copy of the LaunchPad product as engineered by Cypress Technologies [www.cypressnet.com]. It is available on a thirty-day trial basis and is simple to use--very intuitive. Cost is $29.95.

On the LaunchPad command line I pointed to the !SASROOT directory on the NT server and was able to execute SAS programs residing on either the Win95 local PC or the NT server.

Finito! Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

Jules Bosch

> -----Original Message----- > From: Bosch, Jules [PRI] [SMTP:JBosch1@PRIUS.JNJ.COM] > Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 9:58 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Scheduling SAS Batch Jobs > > All, > > I want to schedule SAS jobs to run overnight. My desktop/network > configuration is such that I am wondering if this is possible. > > I am working on a client's local PC Win95 desktop. There is no SAS > software on the local PC. A SAS/NT icon sits on my desktop. When I use > this icon to fire up a SAS/NT session it is calling SAS V6 from the NT > network [Q:] drive. > > I collected last week's post re the NT AT command [thanks Mad Doggy] but > don't believe I can execute this command from the Win95 environment via a > script. Farther, the AT command does not work at the Win95 DOS prompt. > > One suggestion might be to get Win NT on the local PC. Absent this > possibility, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. > > Thank you. > > > Jules Bosch >

[text/html]