Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:29:50 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bob Zaremba <bobzarem@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Tour du Georgia - Day 2

GABO'ers;

Well, day 2 of the "Tour du Georgia" has come to a close and it finds Earl Horn and Tom Egan out to an early lead. I (and my car) have been left in the dust. My plans to head south were changed when I had to bring the truck in for service, so I had to be content with birding locally. Deb and I did turn up two Blue phase Snow Geese off Villa Rica Road in with a large flock of Canada Geese. Tom and Bud had much better luck. Tom went back to West Point dam and his efforts were rewarded with a White-winged Scoter off the dam. This is a species I already had earlier this year but Earl still needs. Tom's lead didn't last long though, around 4PM this afternoon Earl called to tell me he located two Yellow-headed Blackbirds in a large flock of blackbirds in Seminole county. Persistence paid off well, and he and Tom are now tied at 322. Earl also mentioned that he had 2 Clay-colored Sparrows at Elmodel WMA in Baker county earlier in the day. A great find, but one that all three of us had earlier in the year. It looks like I'll be up at 3AM and driving to Seminole in the hopes of relocating the Yellow-headed Blackbirds again. The insanity continues!

Bob Zaremba Marietta, GA