Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:34:50 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Richard Versace <RiVersace@VASSAR.EDU>
Subject:   Help! (bet you've seen that word before)

We are running spss 6.1 on openvms. recently we moved everything to a new machine and all seemed to work well. Haa haa.

We can access spss from the $ fine, but when someone tries to enter parameters from the vms command line spss complains about licensing. SPSS tech support has little knowledge about open vms so I am appealing to all of the vms people out there....HEllllp!.

Here is the command line entry and error message.

SPSSX/OUT=MOTOR.OUT MOTORCONTROL_MDS.CTL/NOBANNER

>Error # 2084 >Attempt to connect with the license server failed. Possible reasons: >installation was not properly done; the license file cannot be found; the >license manager daemon is not running; the license server is unaccessible >from your node. >This command not executed.

Thanks,

Rick Versace CIS Vassar College 845.437.5915