Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:39:32 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Josh Wenk <jwenk@ELEMENTUSA.COM>
Subject:   Re: VIRUS WARING
Comments:   To: Nadele Flynn <nflynn@YKNET.YK.CA>

one got sent out -- creative.exe -- to the entire listserv.

Anytime one of the listserv recipients that has the listserv in their address book opens the virus, it respreads to the list, ad infinitum (if someone keeps opening it).

The virus is called W32.Prolin.Worm, which you can read up on on Norton AntiVirus site.

It basically screws up .zip's and .jpeg's, but nothing incredibly serious, just annoying, from what I can tell.

-----Original Message----- From: Nadele Flynn [mailto:nflynn@YKNET.YK.CA] Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 4:27 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: VIRUS WARING

hello to all on this list I am receiving A LOT of viruses from various sources from this list - I am not too sure what is going on but perhaps the administrator can figure this one out?

Nadele Flynn Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada