Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:41:18 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         William Dudley <william.dudley@NURS.UTAH.EDU>
Subject:      Monte Carlo redux

A while back I posted a question about how to generate data sets that could be used to illustrate and test ideas about the methods proposed by Baron and Kenny to test mediators vs moderators. That posting did not generate any interest. Perhaps it was poorly worded, the task is unreasonable....?...

I have tried to employ Cheolesky decompostions for this task. I can factor analyze a correlation matrix with PC and use the components to compute new data, but I can't figure out how to model the pattern of correlations and partial correlations one would find in a mediation model.

I wonder if there are any recommendations for how to do this or perhaps someone might have suggestions on texts that deal with methods for data generation.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

*********************************************** * William N. Dudley, PhD * University of Utah * College of Nursing * 10 S 2000 E Front * Salt Lake City, UT 84122-5880 ***********************************************