Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:15:17 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ian Whitlock <WHITLOI1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Macro var. problem
Comments: To: Lars Hult <lhu@CODAN.DK>

Lars,

data null; nav='K&M'; call symput('name',nav); run;

data null; put ".se xnavn=%superq(name)"; run;

Ian Whitlock <whitloi1@westat.com>

-----Original Message----- From: Lars Hult [mailto:lhu@CODAN.DK] Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 7:38 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Macro var. problem

I'm gone totally macro blank (maybe its because its friday afternoon) , so i need some help. If my macro var contains a "&" i get the following error.

How can i correct that..

data null; nav='K&M'; call symput('name',nav); run;

data null; file script(txt) notitle noprint; put ".se xnavn=&name"; run;

SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable NAME resolves to 'K&M' WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference M not resolved. MPRINT(FORSIDE): put ".se xnavn='K&M' ";

-- Hilsen Lars

www.image.dk/~hult