Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:40:17 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Marso, David" <marso@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dates to Missing Values

Hi, The following is *MUCH* simpler. data list / mydate (date11) . begin data 02-Jan-1800 01-Jan-2001 end data list.

If mydate = date.mdy(1,2,1800) mydate=$Sysmis. list. HTH, David Marso SPSS Consultant.

------Original message- Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:36:59 -0500 From: Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@VIDEOTRON.CA> Subject: Re: Dates to Missing Values

Hi Victor

1. say case number 10 has dates = 2-jan-1800. 2. Change the format of your variable dates to format F8.0. 3. Copy the value of case 10 of the variable dates. 4. Paste the value inside the parenthesis in missing values dates(). 5. Change the format of your variable dates to its original date format. 6. that's it!

HTH

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Victor Torres Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 3:11 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Dates to Missing Values

Hi Dear List, I need your help in an elementary subject. I'm working with dates, and when I import my queries from the warehouse, the missing values appear like "02-jan-1800". Now I need to convert this values in SPSS missing values. I tried with "missing values dates(02-Jan-1800).", but it didn't work. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance

Eduardo Torres Database Marketing Provencred Argentina Citigroup