Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:34:47 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   John Kuster <KusterJ@TEN-NASH.TEN.K12.TN.US>
Subject:   Re: 10.05 install failure

Remember that because there are temporary working files associated with any install, more space is required than what you see when the install is done. This can be particularly deceptive when the target drive is not the system drive. The target may have lots of space, but the temporary working files are going to want to go to the system drive. If it's simply a lack of space you may be able to get away with an install if you temporarily create some additional room by moving/removing/compacting some files and then restoring them after the install. Sometimes I've had to remove multiple versions of word processors or whole earlier suite versions that weren't removed during an upgrade. That can sometimes create problems if you use an uninstall utility as it may remove components needed for the later versions (you may have to reinstall the later version after removing the earlier one). Of course, a new HD in only $100.