Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:24:42 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mark Casazza <casazzam@ADELPHI.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Dates to Missing Values
Comments: To: Victor Torres <victor.torres@PROVENCRED.COM.AR>

Hi Victor,

If the only date you need to code as system missing is the 2-jan-1800 one, the following will work as written.

IF datevar = date.dmy(2,1,1800) datevar=$sysmis. EXE.

If you need to recode as system missing all dates less than a particular date, change the equal sign and the numbers representing the cut-off point, for example:

IF datevar < date.dmy(1,1,1850) datevar=$sysmis. EXE.

Which would code all dates prior to Jan. 1, 1850 as system missing.

HTH

Mark Casazza home: mvcasazza@earthlink.net work: casazza@adelphi.edu

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything." -Joseph Stalin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Victor Torres" <victor.torres@PROVENCRED.COM.AR> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.spssx-l To: <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 3:10 PM Subject: Dates to Missing Values

> Hi Dear List, > I need your help in an elementary subject. > I'm working with dates, and when I import my queries from the warehouse, > the missing values appear like "02-jan-1800". Now I need to convert > this values in SPSS missing values. I tried with "missing values > dates(02-Jan-1800).", but it didn't work. Can anyone help me? > Thank you in advance > > > Eduardo Torres > Database Marketing > Provencred Argentina Citigroup >

[text/html]