Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:33:06 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         emaguin@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Subject:      Yet another 10 problem

All,

In addition to the other problems reported with 10.0.7, have others noticed this problem?

When copying log items (i.e., text output) from the output file using ctrl-c, i find that i sometimes get a message saying either (paraphrased) 'Attempt made to access unnamed file past its end' or something about the 'mail server' either not being available or installed or something of the like. I notice that the section being copied must be more than a few hundred bytes long. For instance, a 7K segment produced the first message. While it is true that the problem can be circumvented by opening the log item in the output editor window and copying from there or by exporting the log item to a text file, I resent the extra steps, which were not required with 9 or before.

For those users who have installed 10.1, i would specifically like to know whether or not this problem also occurs.

Gene Maguin