Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:45:59 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lisa Montiel <montiell@ROCKINST.ORG>
Subject:      Database Capture

Using 9.0 I have created a query using the Database Capture Wizard that allows me to pull a selection of my data from Access 2000 into SPSS. I will need to do this many, many times for many, many Access files. (I also changed the variable names during the query creation which I don't want to have to do over and over again) I edited the query only changing the file name to a different Access file (whose table structure I am 100% sure is exactly the same as the one I used to create the query) and when I run it, I get an ODBC Microsoft Access Driver error that says I have "too few parameters. Expected 1."

Why can't I just change the file name? When I paste the syntax into the editor, SPSS adds a text about how the password has changed. What password?

Lisa